So summer is now in full swing and what is a big part of it. Your shoes. Your sandals that everyone gives you compliments on and are extremely comfortable. These have been my favorite shoes of the season lately. I hope you all like them as well!
Saturday, June 27, 2015
As weird as it sounds this summer has been extremely stressful. Oregon is going through a huge heat wave at the moment and its extremely muggy. I am in a little resort town called Kah-Nee-Dah, a resort on an indian reserve. Its 105 degrees and we are staying in a teepee for the weekend. Its quite insane how hot it gets inside this thing. Well whenever its extremely hot I get super stressed out and anxious. Well I have developed a bit of a system to get through all of this.
- Take a shower. Something about taking a shower and feeling clean is one of the greatest feelings in the world to me.
- Reading in a cool place. I have so many books to read this summer for my own amusement and learning and sitting in the shade with a book and some iced tea is such a great feeling.
- Reading blogs. The books I read tend to be educational in some ways and scrolling through blogs is a great feeling and is so relieving to just catch up on something rather than myself.
- Drinking water. If I am stressed I am usually so cranky and a bit dehydrated. If I chug a bottle of water (which I can do in a matter of seconds) I feel so refreshed and its a life saver.
- Eating some healthy snacks. I get hangry. If you don't know what that means its being hungry makes you angry. I suffer from being hangry at times and its even worse than me being cranky. If your hangry eat a healthy snack because apples and peanut butter has so many pro's compared to eating a chocolate bar.
Hope this helped if y'all are feeling stressed this summer.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Hello my darlings,
I have had so much on my mind lately and I was thinking why not post them? Life has been so busy and my head has been even busier.
- I have been on the hunt for the cutest swim suits. So if any of you know where these are from that would be fantastic.
These are all on my pinterest by the way if you want to check that out: Pinterest
2) My second thing has just been summer clothes in general. Tank tops and shorts and everything else. I have had a cart full of items on the J Crew website. So thats been super fun. Does anyone else have a secret love for J Crew or are you just as in love with is as I am?
3) This has also been on my mind. I don’t know what this is or what it has become. What do I want this to become and what should it become.
4) My mind has been set on fall even though summer has just begun. Fall is all maroon and bean boots and leaves. Pumpkin candles and scarves. What else can be better than scarves and football?
5) FInally how much I want to have my license. I have my permit and its great and all but I can’t wait for the moment that I can drive whenever I want and where I want.
Well I hope you all have a great summer and please tell me how your summer is so I can try to be more proactive this week. Or tell me what I should do with my freetime.
Thanks to you all.
Monday, June 22, 2015
So hello my darlings,
Sorry about how I haven’t been very constant lately. I have been so busy with some summer classes I’m taking and as well as babysitting a lot recently. I have been debating about what days to post, Monday and Thursday or Sunday and Thursday. I have done so much during summer so far, just kidding I have just taken a lot of naps.
Back to the original idea about my skincare. I have developed a system since I have been getting a lot of time lately. My skin isn’t covered in acne but it's definitely not perfectly clear. I have a bad spot in between my eyebrows and around the top of them. I got an allergic reaction to getting my eyebrows waxed along time ago and it never went away. It definitely got better but it never fully went away so it is a very problematic area for me.
I am on no acne medication and i sure wish i was so this wouldn’t be a hassle, but it's alright. I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser with my Clarisonic and I love it. It says it helps acne and i can really tell it makes a difference. I use a micellular water after that, about 10 minutes later so my face is completely dry and just put that on a cotton round and wipe it all over my face. After that I just use some face moisturizer and usually its whatever i have on hand, but if i’m doing it all right i use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Thats usually it but if my face doesn’t want to like me I may use a face mask. Usually I just go and find one off pinterest.
That is all and please tell me if you have any acne tricks because that would be wonderful! Thank you my lovelies!
Thursday, June 18, 2015
Hello my darlings,
I have gotten so lazy and I haven’t made these very personal at all. Yes I may be anonymous but I don’t want to sound like a creeper posting things. So, I plan on these getting a little closer to you guys and me.
So into the post; I have become a lazy bum this summer and I am only a week into it. I have done nothing and wish to do nothing. I barely leave my room and it’s becoming a problem. I can already feel myself losing touch with my friends. I have already gotten myself out of this habit with 5 tips.
- Get a planner. You have lunch with your grandma and were 45 minutes late last time, bad idea. Put it in your planner! Put everything in your planner. From vacations to breakfast, put it in. They aren’t just for school you can use them for your life. I use mine for everything and practically live out of it and I love it.
- Make Plans. This goes on the line of the planner. Make plans. You miss that friend you haven’t talked to in about 6 months and miss them, tell them. Summer is almost a time for new beginnings. Try to do something fun while you have time and get stuff going. You have 3 months of free time anyway.
- Try Something New. You have so much free time and do nothing. Try something new. Try a new recipe or 50. Create a blog, that’s practically what I am doing. Try a new sport. Volunteer somewhere. Just try something you always complained you didn’t have time for.
- Wake Up Reasonably. As much fun as waking up at 2 in the afternoon is, it’s not a good habit to get in too. Set an alarm for a time that suits you. I have a drivers ed class at 9 so i get up at 7 so i can shower and eat breakfast. If you have nothing to do all day maybe wake up at 9. If you feel like you want to go on a run wake up at 6 and do it. You always have time, sometimes you just have to find time for it.
- Eat Healthy. A good meal equals a good day. Eat breakfast, eat lunch, eat dinner. When you have a good quality meal you feel so much better for the day and can do so much more. Find cool meals that are interesting or find a new food diet thing if you feel crazy. Do whatever feels good to you and find food that makes you feel good on the inside.
Monday, June 15, 2015
Packing for vacations is a stressful event. You either forget pajamas or socks. You brought 3 white tops and only packed one black bra. Overall, you forget something. I have developed a checklist that covers everything, so you don’t end up with a black bra white shirt situation.
Number of Days:
- Tank Tops
- Active Wear
- Hair Tools
- Hair Accessories
- Hair Products
- Cotton Pads-Q Tips
- Face wash-Face wash tools
- Body Wash
- Body Lotion
- Lady Products
- Body Spray
I hope this helps any of you on summer vacation who forget something. I always say one for each day and two if you are going somewhere with no washer or drier. Have a happy summer!
Thursday, June 11, 2015
In summer everyone wants that bikini body. With it being summer everyone gets a little lazy and I have about 5 foolproof ways to stay fit. In summer, we all wake up way too late and go to bed way too late. You eat as much junk as you can fit into your mouth and give no second thought too it. You sit on your couch or by a pool for 2 months and text your friends 24/7.
- Eat a Healthy Breakfast. Usually for breakfast you eat some sort of sugary cereal or some 5000 calorie scone. Switch those out for a gorgeous fruit salad with nonfat yogurt or a green smoothie. Eggs and whole grain toast with peanut butter if you feel crazy.
- Drink Water. So much weight in your body is water weight because you drink enough water. I will go weeks where I will not drink enough water, then a few weeks where I drink a ton of water. I lose about 5 pounds and have glowing skin. It sounds crazy, but it works.
- Go For a Walk. I have a dog and she’s very old but a walk does her well. We go on about a mile walk every other day. It gives you time to think and gives you some physical activity without overworking yourself. When ever I go for walks I see some gorgeous views just from around my neighborhood. Also, take photos of the pretty views because you won’t see that exact moment ever again. Here’s a one of mine.
- Go Swimming. How many times do you lay by the pool and get in a few times but don’t actually swim. Swimming is great. You are working out without getting sweaty and you feel so refreshed. Just jump in and do a few laps or race your friends. Go early when there isn’t any little kids and use some muscles. Also while swimming you still get tan, sometimes even faster because the water reflects the sun if that wasn’t enough to get you in the water.
- Do Yoga. Yoga is a great form of exercise and usually you know if you’re working yourself. Yoga is one of those things that you can do almost anywhere. It goes from simple stretching to crazy positions you feel in every muscle. Try doing it for about 20 minutes every few days and see how you feel. You can watch videos online of easy yoga. I love blogilates, it’s easy videos to follow. You can watch her here: https://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates
Hope these help and if you have any tips comment them below. I would love to know what you guys do.
Sunday, June 7, 2015
When it comes to washing my hair, i wash it every 2-3 days. I said HAIR not body. When anyone says they don’t shampoo everyday everyone assumes i don’t shower everyday. I am a clean freak why would i not shower everyday. Some days i shower 2-3 times a day. I wash my body just not my hair. I am no expert but, washing your hair everyday may get rid of the oils, but it also gets rid of the healthy oils you need for your hair to grow. If you choose to shampoo everyday you find your hair gets so dry and it’s not worth it to have dry hair that isn’t healthy.
After you shower and shampoo your hair doesn’t get extremely oily in 1 day. It may get a bit shiny but to solve that problem, brush your hair. You move the oils from the top of your head through it leaving your hair softer.
When you go to take a shower do not leave it down because getting your hair wet will make it oily. The point isn’t to get your hair oily, it’s to see how long before it gets too oily. Wear a shower cap!! They aren’t that cute but no one is going to see you in the shower. They have cheap ones that work great on amazon for about $10.
Use dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is my life saver. Your hair is a little shiny at the roots? Dry shampoo. Your hair is getting flat? Dry shampoo. Your hair smells? Dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is something that work for so many things and is easy to find and cheap.
If your hair is getting oily and you still don’t want to shower, find a bad hair day hair style. It can be a top knot, messy bun, french braid, hat, or some cool thing you invent. Honestly, your hair seems to have less oil in it then it looks. No one will notice.
Shampoo enough that you do not stink. Your hair can smell especially if you work out. You don’t have to wait 2-3 days to shampoo if that is not the same rate your hair gets oily. Learn what your hair wants and go off of that and what works best for you.
Monday, June 1, 2015
I am in highschool, but i have developed some great study tips. I tend to get about a 90-100% on all my tests and it’s due to some great things. I have a few tips that i swear by and I am my friends go to tutor in biology.
My biggest tip is to start early. Don’t start your studying the night before. I start all my studying a week to 2 weeks before. I use my planner to set away about 20 minutes the first few days of studying and then work that up to about 2 hours the day before the day before your test. Yes your biggest day should be 2 days before to review all your material.
My second tip is to only study for 30 minutes the day before. You only want to go over the big stuff or get a few tiny pieces of information you keep forgetting in your head. Don’t stay up late no matter what. You want to go to bed early if possible and stay relaxed. Eat a good dinner and just try to put yourself in a optimistic mood. My biggest thing i tell people is if you don’t know it then, you won’t know it tomorrow.
Flashcards are my lifesaver. You can use them almost anywhere and you can take them everywhere because they are so portable. I use them for vocab, ideas, topics, and details that are important to the big ideas.
When you start your studying make a study guide. Not some sheet your teacher gives you with answers. You want something that covers everything you need to know and know. You organize it in the best way possible, usually textbook style and with color. These usually take about 2-4 hours to make and are the best thing. Usually when you study these you can get someone to ask you a question just based on the answer.
That lead into my last tip. Study with friends that support and help you. I like to study with my best friend because we both love every subject and we have different teachers so we get a new look on things. She goes through her notes and it gives me a new way to look at it and a new way to hear the information, rather than reading your notes over and over knowing the information in one way. Your friend can push you and tell you what you need to work on. The best kind is if they are
honest with you and where you are with the information.
Those are my study tips that i live by and would share with anyone. I hope these help with your test and even better your finals.