Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tips For Divorced Parent Packing

IMG_6886_Fotor.jpg


My parents have been divorced for 3 years and I hate it but for anyone that is going through a divorce, it gets better. Over the years you get used to it and find out it’s usually for the better. It was the hardest thing I went through. I am so sorry for any of you going through it.


Well packing for weeks at one house then weeks at another you usually have to pack. I have had it in many different ways. All of my clothes at one house and bring outfits to the other and splitting your clothes half and half. There is no easy way to do it but I have a lot of tips that can make a difference.


Plan Outfits: If you plan your outfits you will not be a few days into it and realize you only brought two to three shirts and seven pants with four days left. When you plan out your outfits you know exactly how many tops you need and which ones. It’s the same for pants and the rest of the clothing items.


Bring Versatile Items: If your bring a white t-shirt or tank top and jeans you can do so many outfits with it. You can add a statement necklace,  a colored cardigan, or a monogramed rain jacket. Anything you can do to spice it up and use these items as much as you can.


Look At The Weather: If it is going to be cloudy and possible rain bring rain boots and a rain jacket. If it is going to be hot bring shorts and t-shirts. If it is going to have an overcast bring jeans and cardigans. You don’t want to get there and realize all you have it sweatshirts and jeans in 90 degree weather.


Overpack On Certain Items: If you know you are going to loose socks bring extra. If you know it is going to be cold and you are  going to want lots of layers bring extra sweatshirts. Know what you need more of and what you need to over pack on. The best things that you should over pack on are undergarments. You never want to be short on those.


Plan Out Your Activities: If your plans consist of hiking make sure you write that down somewhere and bring hiking clothes and shoes. I always write down the plans in my planner so I can reference that while packing and don’t end up hiking in flip flops.


Toiletries: Toiletries are such a hard place because I never know what I already have so I always over pack on those. I am assuming you don’t need to bring toilet paper or conditioner but I would always check to make sure. I usually bring the least amount of makeup possible just concealer and powder and maybe mascara. I would always say over pack and realize you have some there!

I hope these tips help you all and that your parents divorce isn’t affecting you. Comment if you have any questions or if you have any tips I didn’t talk about!

3 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome and personal post, and so different from the typical ones I've seen all around. Love it, your blog is very cute! :)

    Ane | Basque Prep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I love your blog! Wish I had this post when I was younger! Would have helped me a LOT.
    :)

    ReplyDelete